This year has been one of many changes. As the new year approaches, it’s the perfect time to reflect and take stock on everything that’s happened. In this article, we’ll stick to our corner of the world: the Objectiv Workspace – how it evolved in 2020, and what 2021 has in store for it.
Workspace Evolution in 2020
In the past year, the focus of our Workspace development has been on seamlessly driving actionable insights from our data models to digital analytics & product teams, and enabling users to fully take the helm of Objectiv’s AI for control & traceability. Below we highlight some of these key developments.
Driving Actionable Insights: Topics & Signals
In 2020 we launched Topics: highlighting individual product features within certain focus areas worthy of your team’s (urgent) attention. They bring focus to decision-making, and track the development of respective features over time, so teams can drive the right action on an ongoing basis.
We also opened up the black box to Objectiv’s AI: Signals – pieces of evidence that identify the exceptional user behavior driving your goals, taking into account the full digital context of each feature.
Examples of core Signals are Usage, Impact (how strongly a feature contributes to driving your goal), Goal Contribution (whether Impact was positive or negative), and Impact/Usage Change (because user behavior changes over time!).
Signals are used to define Topics, and are now accessible by all users to see and understand. Our data models assign relevant Signals to each feature in your product as well, which can now easily be viewed in their respective Details.
Taking the Helm: Filters & Exports
Sometimes you want to run your own analyses, in order to get a full grip on the underlying data. For this purpose, we’ve launched two areas of features that allow full user control:
- Filters: Run custom analyses directly from the Workspace, by easily selecting features with certain properties (i.e. Signals), and their effect on your Goals.
- Exports: Download a raw data export directly from the Workspace, including documentation.
To aide in the process of turning Objectiv’s insights into actions, the Workspace offers teams a way to log their decisions on each Topic, providing both the team and Objectiv’s AI with clear feedback on actionability and actions (to be) taken.
Across the Board
Of course we didn’t just launch new features, we also continuously worked on optimizing the user experience, making Objectiv even easier to use. We’ve made several look & feel improvements, and enabled ways to more easily use the data, such seeing all graphs/trends in one go in feature lists, and sorting by Impact or Usage. All this while making the Workspace load faster and feel snappier in everyday use.
We’re very excited about further shaping the future of analytics in 2021 – a future where analytics meets contextual awareness, self-driving actionable insights to teams.
In 2021, our focus will be on surfacing even more unique insights, further supporting team collaboration, and ultimately enabling cultures of data-driven decision-making within the broadest context of digital teams. Below a few of the key areas that next year has in store for us.
Surfacing Unique Insights
In 2021, we’ll enable teams to:
- Save & share custom analyses: save Filters used in custom analyses, and share them within a team.
- Share custom analyses as Topics: Analyses can uncover features that matter most to a Goal, and should be tracked as an area of focus, including their development over time, as is done within our Topics. We’ll enable team members to define and share their own Topics themselves within their teams.
- Advanced multi-Goal custom analyses: Customers with several Goals already benefit from advanced multi-goal analyses performed automatically by the Objectiv data models. We’ll enable users to perform their own drill-down analyses manually as well, over multiple Goals, with advanced yet intuitive controls & methods.
We’ll release several new Signals to surface even more granular insights. For example:
- Reachability: how easily a feature is reached in an average customer journey, compared to all.
- Information Efficiency: how efficient a feature is at driving users to become successful on a Goal.
Data-driven decisions are collaborative by nature. We’ll enable users to easily make a decision with their team on any point of data in Objectiv, including selections of features and custom analyses.
Closing the Loop
When taking action, the effect on the Goal will be automatically measured in terms of Impact Score change, for both the features themselves and their location/screen.
Full Traceability & Control
Objectiv’s models are fully transparent by design; no black box AI. We’ll make it easier to fully trace any feature in Objectiv back to your product, by introducing smarter mapping that builds on our automated front-end scanning and industry-specific business rules. We’ll also provide more tools to understand the mapping and underlying data models.
Looking back, 2020 was certainly an eventful year. One that offered not just challenges but opportunities to learn and grow.
We are grateful to have such an active group of customers and partners that helped us further levelup the Objectiv Workspace in this year, and would like to take a moment to thank everyone for their valuable support and collaboration. We’re all looking forward to the new year, and to further shaping the future of analytics together.
– Team Objectiv